AbbVie’s business and reputation rely heavily on the effort and commitment of our suppliers. Our suppliers are our partners, helping us meet our commitment of having a remarkable impact on patients’ lives. The AbbVie Supplier Triumph Awards recognizes and commends exemplary supplier performance.
The spirit of this program is to commit to excellence in supplier management. Together, we are helping to raise the bar—not only within our corporate operations, but also within the pharmaceutical industry as a whole. This prestigious award can be bestowed upon any supplier around the world and all AbbVie employees are qualified to nominate a supplier.
Find full details here.
All award categories require suppliers to consistently exceed AbbVie expectations, delivering “best-in-class” performance. Suppliers must drive considerable and often measurable value for AbbVie and the patients we serve, while also positioning AbbVie for success in the future.
- Supplier of the Year: Supports AbbVie on a long-term basis and is well aligned with the overall AbbVie business strategy, and actively contributes to and executes against AbbVie strategic priorities and initiatives.
- Innovation Award: Implemented an innovative and sustainable solution that generated a competitive advantage for AbbVie, significantly improved some aspect of AbbVie and/or the supplier’s operations.
- Diverse Supplier of the Year: Is classified as a small and/or diverse-owned business per AbbVie’s Supplier Diversity Program and holds a third-party certification.
- Socially Responsible Supplier of the Year: Actively participates in AbbVie’s Supplier Social Responsibility Program and has never had an unsatisfactory Social Responsibility audit result.
Suppliers are only eligible for awards that relate to the type of supplier they are for AbbVie. If you are both a direct and indirect supplier, you are eligible for both sets of awards.
- DIRECT: Suppliers that provide raw materials, goods or services used in AbbVie commercial products and/or products currently in the R&D phase, excluding third-party manufacturers (TPMs).
- INDIRECT/IT: Suppliers that provide supplies and services used in internal and/or support operations at AbbVie. Responsibility audit result.
- THIRD-PARTY MANUFACTURER (TPM): Suppliers that produce or manufacture products and/or product components on behalf of AbbVie.
To be eligible for an AbbVie Triumph Award, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Must have a current contract with AbbVie for a least one year prior to eligibility year
- Must participate in AbbVie’s Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program, if invited. For smaller suppliers not involved in the SRM program, the supplier must report on key performance metrics and participate in performance review/management meetings as requested
- Must consistently meet or exceed all service-level arrangements, quality levels, deliverables and other performance expectations
- Must have no significant noted performance issues, remedied or unremedied, in the 12 months prior
For 2016, the nomination period is from August 22 to November 30, 2016. The 2016 Triumph Awards Event will be held in Q2 of the following year.